Our Facility About Us

Our history unites us with our clients, community, and country.

What is now Stellpflug Law, S.C. began in 1930 when a young attorney, William Morris, fresh out of The University of Wisconsin Law School, hung his shingle outside a small office in historic De Pere, Wisconsin. From this, began many distinguished careers in law and public service.

The stories of Stellpflug Law, S.C. and our achievements are integral to the fabric of our history. Learning about teamwork, passion, and integrity has brought a tremendous source of strength to our core values. Add a real-world, practical understanding of life situations, business and commerce, and the result is a winning combination.

Teamwork

Together everyone achieves, that is why Stellpflug Law, S.C. chooses to function as "One Firm"

Passion

We are passionate and committed to our clients' success

Collegiality

We value and support our colleagues as we do our clients

Excellence

Excellence is the result of always striving to do better – We insist on professional excellence and outstanding legal work on behalf of our clients

Integrity

We conduct ourselves with the highest ethical standards, both in our professional service to clients and in our business and personal affairs

Selfless Service

We make a difference in our communities and society by investing our time, treasure and talents and are committed to making a positive impact on the world around us

We are committed to you, our clients.  Follow our history from then to now. VIEW SLIDESHOW

History of Stellpflug Law

Stellpflug Law, S.C traces its roots back to the Law Offices of William F. Morris.

1930

In the midst of the Great Depression, William F. Morris leaves the Martin Law Firm and opens his own law office at 320 Main Avenue in West De Pere, Wisconsin. His telephone number was De Pere 113.

1937

William F. Morris becomes City Attorney for the City of De Pere.

1948

Albert S. Vanden Heuvel graduates from Marquette Law School and joins William F. Morris in De Pere. The name of the firm is changed to Morris & Vanden Heuvel. Mr. Vanden Heuvel was a veteran of World War II serving in the United States Army Air Corps with the 8th Air Force in the European Theater of Operations serving as a navigator. He graduated from St. Norbert College in 1946.

1949

Albert S. Vanden Heuvel begins 18 years of service as De Pere City Attorney.

1955

The firm relocates its offices to 300 Main Avenue in West De Pere. Its new phone number is Edison 6-4224.

1964

Donald J. Hanaway joins Morris & Vanden Heuvel. The name of the firm is changed to Morris, Vanden Heuvel & Hanaway. Mr. Hanaway graduated from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 1961 and served as Brown County Assistant District Attorney for three years before joining the firm.

1968

William F. Morris awarded the first Civis Princeps Silver Knight Award by St. Norbert College for his contributions to the community for leadership, education and dedication. Donald J. Hanaway leaves the firm. He would later serve as Mayor of De Pere, a State Senator, Wisconsin Attorney General, and Brown County Circuit Judge.

1969

B.J. Bertrand joins the firm. The name of the firm is changed to Morris, Vanden Heuvel & Bertrand. The firm moves into its new offices at 325 Reid Street, in De Pere.

1970

James N. Basten joins the firm. The name of the firm is changed to Morris, Vanden Heuvel, Bertrand & Basten. The firm's phone number is changed to 336-5766.

1972

B.J. Bertrand leaves the firm. The name of the firm is changed to Morris, Vanden Heuvel & Basten. Former Green Bay Packer, Kenneth Bowman, joins the firm as an associate attorney.

1976

James N. Basten leaves the firm. The name of the firm is changed back to Morris & Vanden Heuvel.

1979

C. David Stellpflug graduates from the University of Toledo Law School and joins the firm as an associate attorney.

1981

William F. Morris retires from the firm after practicing law for 52 years. During that time, Mr. Morris was dedicated to the firm's clients and the community. He was influential in raising funds to purchase West De Pere High School which later became Abbot Pennings High School. He was also influential in the purchase of land for East De Pere High School. Mr. Morris served as De Pere City Attorney, was a member of the City Board of Appeals, the Library Board, and served 18 years on the De Pere School Board. Mr. Morris and the firm provided legal services to the De Pere Citizens Development Corporation which promoted formation of the De Pere Industrial Park. He was also secretary, treasurer and attorney for the Menominee Sugar Company.

1986

Albert S. Vanden Heuvel retires from the firm after practicing law for 38 years.

1987

The name of the firm is changed to Morris, Vanden Heuvel & Stellpflug.

1990

Robert J. Janssen joins the firm as a shareholder. The name of the firm is changed to Stellpflug & Janssen.

1992

Richard E. Nell joins the firm as a shareholder. The name of the firm is changed to Stellpflug, Janssen & Nell, S.C.

1994

Marc A. Hammer joins the firm as a shareholder. The name of the firm is changed to Stellpflug, Janssen, Nell & Hammer, S.C.

1997

Michael J. Kirschling and Mark A. Bartels join the firm as shareholders.

1999

The name of the firm is changed to Stellpflug, Janssen, Nell, Hammer, Kirschling & Bartels, S.C.

2000

The firm moves its offices to the newly constructed Marquette Centre located at 444 Reid Street, in De Pere.

Evan Y. Lin Joined the firm as an associate. Attorney Lin became a shareholder in 2006.

2001

Richard E. Nell leaves the firm to open his own office. The name of the firm is changed to Stellpflug, Janssen, Hammer, Kirschling & Bartels, S.C.

Patricia J. Sandoz joined the firm as an associate. Attorney Sandoz became a shareholder in 2008.

Timothy A. Hawley joined the firm as a shareholder.

2008

Governor James Doyle appoints Marc A. Hammer as a Brown County Circuit Court Judge. The name of the firm is changed to Stellpflug Law, S.C.

Terence J. Bouressa joined the firm as a shareholder.

Throughout these changes we have never lost sight of what’s most important: making a positive difference for our clients and our communities…. Making The "Right Choice".

Website Developed By: Balance Interactive Studios